Pages

Hey All!!! Come on in and enjoy a little slice of my world as it pertains to fitness and health. Dr. Phil once said "Get real about fat or just get real fat". I've always loved that quote...LOL

Thursday, February 16, 2012

Real People. Real Life. Real Results

February Spotlight

I know, I know...where in the world have I been?? I've actually been quite busy with work, school, family, and just life. Unfortunately, I don't get paid to share my love of healthy living with the world,  so I had to shift my time and energy towards other things. I figured you all (all 19 of you) wouldn't mind too much. ;-)

Well, this month I have the honor of featuring my wonderful husband as the Spotlight success story. He is a phenomenal man who has maintained his weight loss and healthy eating practices for two years. I admire his strength and after seeing his before and after pictures I'm sure you will be motivated to achieve your goals as they relate to health and fitness.  His journey also shows you that if you can't achieve your goals alone, do it with some outside support.

Before                                                           After


How much weight have you lost?
63 lbs


What was the turning point in your life that made you make your health a priority and not an afterthought? 
When I got married and when my daughter was born.

What changes did you make in your life? 
I became more active, went to the gym, and watched what I ate. Participating in my gym's "Be A Loser" program gave me the push I needed to do these things.  

What are some tools that helped you achieve your goals?
      Being on a weight loss team was a great tool. It  helped me because we were able to push each  
      other. Having a wife who is into fitness didn’t hurt either.

What advice would you give to someone who is struggling to lose weight and make healthy decisions? 
Midway through the program
They must realize that losing weight is a lifestyle change. The best quote I ever had about fitness was, “You need to be healthy to lose weight, not lose weight to be healthy.” In other words, change your eating habits and exercise, and the weight loss will automatically happen.

What are some of your favorite healthy dishes?
Grilled chicken, grilled fish, a healthy stir fry, to name a few.

How do you resist temptation?
By rewarding  myself every week. During the weight loss competition, my reward was typically lunch on Mondays. I would eat anything I wanted as long as I saw some progress on the scale Monday morning. This helped alleviate cravings. I still indulge every now and again.



What is your workout routine?
I don't have a particular routine, however, I make sure that I go to the gym six times a week. My sessions include strength training and cardiovascular activities. Some of my favorite exercises are running and spin classes because they get my heart rate up and build my cardiovascular endurance. 

Be motivated! 

Peace

2 comments:

  1. Ok so Boone we go way back bro and I must say you inspire me. I slimmed down after high school but gained it all back + some after getting married. I always say I need to lose the weight but I never push to do it. After seeing your journey though I know I need to do this. Thank you to you and your lovely bride for putting some fire under my butt. I'll post before and after picks in about 3 months as an update

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad that you are inspired. I would love to have your story as one of the monthly Spotlight features! Keep us posted on your progress, James.

    ReplyDelete